TrinkaBean

Reborn writer, recovering Pharisee~

Those of you who read The Other Blog already know about the accident. A wayward upgrade to Wordpress scoured away two years of blog posts.
The semi-miraculous element here is that I didn't get upset. I sat staring at the emptiness that once held thousands of semi-interesting bits and pieces of nonessential trivia and said-
"Huh."
No emotion, no gnashing of teeth, no reaction whatsoever.
I started ConnieBrz two years ago as a real estate investment blog. It quickly morphed into a slice of life, part real estate, part family journey, part writing blog. (Read that, schizophrenic.) It lacked focus. I wrote about sewing and cooking and home rehab and snakes in the house. Can't tell you how many times I almost started over but couldn't let go of the over-bloated mess. And now it's gone and it wasn't so painful after all.
In God's economy, nothing's wasted.
Everything learned about marketing, blog promotion, and design made the restart easy. And now, ta-da! Focus aplenty. But isn't that the way it works? We make it look easy to outsiders because we sweat blood the first time around.
When I read the work of other writers, some days I sense the blood behind the words. And when that happens, it's a beautiful thing. You, my friends, make it look easy.
We know better, don't we?

0 comments: